Broaden your engineering education with another innovative field of engineering outside of your major. You will learn about the applications and systems in areas that will greatly enhance your skill set and college education. Meet students in other majors who may someday serve to be strategic business contacts and discover the world beyond where opportunities and adventure await to be explored.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering Entrepreneurial
- Engineering Leadership and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Innovation Engineering (university wide)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Ocean and Marine Engineering (new)
- Power Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Renewable Energy Science & Technology
- Survey Engineering Technology
Check the University of Maine online catalog for more information.
In the College of Engineering, prior to enrolling in a minor a student must consult with the appropriate department chairperson to select the courses most appropriate to his/her background and career goals.
Contact Information for each Department Chair:
- Hemant Pendse – Chemical and Biological Engineering, email@example.com, 581-2277
- Shaleen Jain – Civil and Environmental Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org, 581-2420
- Vijaya Kumar Devabhaktuni – Electrical and Computer Engineering, email@example.com, 581-2224
- John Thompson – Physics & Astronomy/Engineering Physics, firstname.lastname@example.org, 581-1030
- Masoud Rais-Rohani – Mechanical Engineering, email@example.com, 581-2120
- Will Manion – School of Engineering Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org, 581-2184
Minors are open to students who have completed; mathematics through differential equations; a year of physics and at least one course in Chemistry along with the prerequisites required for the individual engineering courses.
College-wide minors are open to all engineering students; however, students cannot receive a minor offered by their major department. The source for this information is the Undergraduate Catalog, where you can find further information for each minor.